Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in this Guide?
Are you interested in learning how to use the library, or helping your students learn library and research skills?
If so, this guide is for you!
Use the links below or the tabs above to navigate within this guide.
Tutorials for Students
Through videos, PowerPoint presentations, and handouts, this guide gives you a solid introduction to the most important library and research skills (opens a new tab).
Request an Instruction Session
What Do We Do?
The goals of the library instruction program are:
- To support classroom instruction by helping students find and use information related to course assignments.
- To foster lifelong learning in students and faculty by teaching information literacy skills and research techniques.
We offer the following types of instruction...
- Assignment-specific and general instruction sessions to classes
- Tutorials and online research guides
- Tours of the library
...to help students do the following:
- Develop a focused topic and related search terms in order to design a research plan.
- Identify, select, and effectively use appropriate search tools in order to locate and retrieve sources.
- Explain and apply established criteria in order to evaluate information sources critically.
- Apply East Central University’s Policy on Academic Integrity, particularly when citing and writing, in order to ethically use information.
We are always willing to tailor our presentations and materials to your students' needs, and accommodate you in whatever way we can.
Instructional Services Librarian
Instructional Services Assistant