Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Upcoming Events at ECU
Rebuilding Native Nations in Oklahoma:
Strategies for Governance and Development
Monday, November 28 2022
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Everyone is welcome
Questions? Contact Steven Martin: email@example.com
Upcoming Events in November:
- ECU Women's Club, Salad Supper--Wednesday, November 16 at 6 PM, ECU Regents Room
- Latinx Student Association, Alexis Beneitez "Experience in Getting into Law School", Wednesday November 30 at ?
- NASNTI and the Native American Student Association, "Rebuilding Native Nations in Oklahoma: Strategies for Governance and Development", Monday, November 28 at 1:30-2:30 P.M., Estep Auditorium
Racial Equity Tools
This site offers tools, research, tips, curricula, and ideas for people who want to increase their own understanding and to help those working toward justice at every level – in systems, organizations, communities and the culture at large.
Report a Hate Crime
Learn how to report crimes to the US Department of Justice.
Human Rights Campaign
Show up for LGBTQ+ rights. Whether it’s giving your time, a donation, or just your commitment to learning more about LGBTQ+ equality, HRC has many ways for you to help change our future and make history.
See Bias | Block Bias Tools
From Stanford University's VMware Women’s Leadership Innovation Lab, a collection of tools to diagnose bias, encourage inclusive workplace practices, and prevent sexual harassment.
Know Your Rights - Students' Rights
The Supreme Court ruled in 1969 that students do not "shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate." This is true for other fundamental rights, as well.
Critical Pedagogy & Inclusive Teaching
These are just a few resources for exploring critical pedagogy and inclusive teaching. Contact your liaison librarian to learn more!
Graphic from: https://doi.org/10.33178/scenario.13.2.6
Related Pedagogical Approaches
Digital Humanities is interdisciplinary collaboration between the sciences and humanities that opens possibilities for multimodal and inquiry-based learning to create, express, and share information.
Open Educational Resources
Open Educational Resources (OER) decrease cost barriers for students and provide the opportunity for students to add their voices to the academic conversation.
Open Pedagogy practices are centered around access, equity, agency and ownership.
- Native American Heritage Month
- Transgender Awareness Month
- 11/01-11/02 - Día de Muertos
- 11/20 - Transgender Day of Remembrance
- 12/03 - International Day for People with Disabilities
- 01/04 - World Braille Day
- 01/16/23 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 01/27 - International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Black History Month
- 2/20 - World Day of Social Justice
- Women's History Month
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
- Gender Equality Month
- 03/08 - International Women's Day
- 03/21 - World Down Syndrome Day
- 03/25 - International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- 03/31 - International Transgender Day of Visibility
- Autism Acceptance Month
- Arab-American Heritage Month
- 04/06 - International Asexuality Day
- 04/17/23-04/18/23 - Yom HaShoah: Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Haitian Heritage Month
- Jewish-American Heritage Month
- Mental Health Month
- 05/05 - Cinco de Mayo
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- National Caribbean American Heritage Month
- 06/12 - Loving Day
- 06/19 - Juneteenth
- 07/14 - International Non-Binary People's Day
- 07/26 - Disability Independence Day
- Black Business Month
- 09/09 - International Day of the World's Indigenous People
- 08/23 - International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition
- Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month (Sep. 15-Oct. 15)
- Deaf Awareness Month
- National Guide Dog Month
- 9/30 - Orange Shirt Day/National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (Canada)
- LGBT History Month
- Filipino-American Heritage Month
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- 10/10/22 - Indigenous Peoples' Day (2nd Mon.)
- 10/10 - World Mental Health Day
- 10/11 - National Coming Out Day