The goals of the library instruction program are:
- To support classroom instruction by helping students find and use information related to course assignments.
- To foster lifelong learning in students and faculty by teaching information literacy skills and research techniques.
We offer the following types of instruction...
- Assignment-specific and general instruction sessions to classes
- Tutorials and online research guides
- Tours of the library
...to help students do the following:
- Develop a focused topic and related search terms in order to design a research plan.
- Identify, select, and effectively use appropriate search tools in order to locate and retrieve sources.
- Explain and apply established criteria in order to evaluate information sources critically.
- Apply East Central University’s Policy on Academic Integrity, particularly when citing and writing, in order to ethically use information.
We are always willing to tailor our presentations and materials to your students' needs, and accommodate you in whatever way we can.